It’s Friday! Woo-hoo! The welcome gateway to the weekend has arrived and I myself am wondering where I can visit to have some exceptional fun before Monday whizzes back like a boomerang to whack me. But today is a rather eventful Friday, since a shiny new monthly series has been throttled into left gear… The Month in Quiz.
This is the trials and tribulations you will go through to prove you have a brilliant IQ for the latest in geeky news. Dwindling from tough mind-benders to silly stumps, you will receive a number of total points half to the collection of questions you answer correctly, rounding down. For me to determine your points, enter what you believe are the answers in the comments at the rock bottom of the post.
To have better chances of winning the prized jackpot, you’ll need to have decent enough knowledge about these respective franchises, or at the very least an acute talent of spotting our humorously fake answers. Perhaps taking random punts at it can pay off, too! Without more chitter-chatter, determine your strategy because it’s that time to behold this month’s edition of the Month in Quiz…
- Star Trek: Picard premiered on CBS: All Access this month. What is Patrick Stewart’s, the actor who plays the titular Jean-Luc Picard, favorite Star Trek movie?
- The Search for Spock
- First Contact
- Galaxy Quest
2. Monty Python is a legendary British comedy group best known for their sketch series ‘Flying Circus ‘ and movies ‘The Holy Grail ‘ and ‘Life of Brian’. Which one of its members sadly passed away recently?
- Graham Chapman
- Stuart Mahoney
- Eric Idle
- Terry Jones
3. The trailer dropped for the upcoming superhero -horror flick Morbius sometime this month. Which Spider-Man villain made a shocking appearance?
- Kraven the Hunter
- The Vulture
- Tobey McGuire
4. The critics consensus on the DC film ‘Birds of Prey ‘ starring Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn has received positive feedback. Which of the following DC villain does she desire to introduce in an upcoming film with her?
- Condiment King
- Emerald Empress
- Poison Ivy
- Baby Doll
5. Colin Trevarrow has leaked a story switcheroo for his version of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Which one of these was the change?
- Palpatine had assembled a army of Rey clones
- Rey sacrificed herself for Kylo Ren
- Finn and Rose are in a relationship
- Rey received training from the reclusive and older Ashoka Tano
6. An uncut, 4K Blu-Ray release of what cult classic horror comedy flick was announced this week?
- Tammy and the T-Rex
- The Evil Dead
- They Live
- Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
7. Pixar’s next animated feature and first original since The Good Dinosaur from 2015, Onward, is being released this March. Which element of the film got the folks at Disney sued by a artist?
- The character of Barley
- Ripping off her original story
- The design of the two protagonist brothers van
- Using her song in the trailer without permission
8. Wes Anderson’s imminent new movie, The French Dispatch, is set for July. But, which one of these films did he NOT direct.
- The Darjeeling Limited
- Bottle Rocket
- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- The Life Aquatic with Scott Zeller
9. The 1982 John Carpenter horror ‘The Thing’ is in production of being rebooted at Blumhouse. What’s the title of the novel that inspired the original film?
- Who Goes There?
- The Shape-shifting Beast
- In the Mouth of Madness
- Here Be Monsters!
10. Michael Helfant, a former executive at Marvel Studios, has acquired the rights to what classic action show?
- Miami Vice
- Hawaii Five-O
- The Green Hornet
Write your answers down below by Tuesday, February 4th, 10:00pm Pacific Time
RESULTS EDIT: Apparently, only a single passenger, Chris, decided to comment his answers below. But hey, at least I got one!
Q. What is Patrick Stewart’s favorite Star Trek movie? A. First Contact
Q. Which Member of Monty Python recently passed away? A. Terry Jones
Q. Which Spider-Man villain made a cameo in the Morbius teaser? A. The Vulture
Q. Which DC villain does Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn’s actor) want to introduce? A. Poison Ivy
Q. What minor change was in Colin Trevarrow’s version of Episode IX? A. Rey saving Kylo Ren (rather than the other way around)
Q. Which cult horror comedy is planned to be released on 4K Blu-Ray? A. Tammy and The T-Rex
Q. Which detail in Pixar’s Onward got them sued? A. The design of the van (a “Vanicorn” , apparently)
Q. Which of these did Wes Anderson not direct? A. The Life Aquatic with Scott Zeller ( This was a tricky one, I took a movie he did direct, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, and changed the name)
Q. What was the title of the book that inspired The Thing? A. Who Goes There? (Here be Monsters! Was the name of a book that inspired the 2014 animated film The Boxtrolls, while In the Mouth of Madness is technically the second sequel to The 1982 Thing)
Q. And finally, which action show got their rights acquired? A. The Green Hornet
THANKS FOR PLAYING!
One thought on “January 2020 Month in Quiz (Harley Quinn, Monty Python, Wes Anderson)”
Galaxy Quest, Eric Idle, Mysterio, poison Ivy, Rey clones, Killer Tomatoes, Barley, Bottle Rocket, Madness, MacGyver
LikeLiked by 1 person